Privacy and Security
- AptekaStore.com has created the following Privacy and Security Policy to let you know what information we collect, why we collect it, and to whom it may be disclosed.
- This Privacy and Security Policy applies to www.AptekaStore.com.
- This Privacy and Security Policy also addresses our data security practices and the options you have to access and control personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information.
- Our Terms and Conditions govern this Privacy and Security Policy.
- To the extent there is a conflict between the terms of this Privacy and Security Policy and the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall govern.
- We may periodically make changes to this Privacy and Security Policy.
- It is your responsibility to review this Privacy and Security Policy frequently and remain informed about any changes to it, so we encourage you to visit this page often.
- This Privacy and Security Policy supersedes any and all previous versions.
Entering the Sites constitutes your acceptance and agreement to all terms contained in this Privacy and Security Policy. If you do not agree with the terms set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy, please do not enter the Sites.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personally Identifiable Information
- The term “personally identifiable information” means information that you voluntarily provide to us and which personally identifies you, such as your name, phone number, physical address, and any other data or information that would allow someone to personally identify you.
- To make a purchase, we require you to supply us with personally identifiable information. If you supply us with personally identifiable information, you may later access, update, and modify any inaccuracies.
- Please note, we generally keep a copy of the previous personally identifiable information for our records. If you would like to review or change your personally identifiable information, you may do so at any time by accessing your account through the My Account link located at the top of each page.
- You may also choose not to provide personally identifiable information at the point of collection; however, you will not be able to purchase products.
- In some areas of the Sites, you may have the ability to post or publish personally identifiable information. You should take care and avoid posting or publishing personally identifiable information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- The term “non-personally identifiable information” means information that you voluntarily provide to us or which we collect electronically, but which does not personally identify you.
- To register for an account, we require you to supply us with your email address. Your email address does not personally identify you, but is a means for us to contact you. You may later access, update and modify any inaccuracies by accessing your account through the My Account link located at the top of each page.
- Please note, we generally keep a copy of your previous email address(es) for our records.
- You may also choose not to provide us with your email address; however, you will not be able to create an account or purchase products.
- Whenever you visit the Sites, non-personally identifiable information, such as navigational and clickstream data, is automatically collected.
- As you browse, we may install cookies (tiny text files stored on your computer, which record your preferences) in your browser. Cookies cannot harm your computer and they do not contain any personally identifiable information. You must accept cookies to shop through the Sites.
- You can erase or block cookies from your computer if you want to (your help screen or manual should tell you how to do this), but the Sites may not work correctly or at all if you set your browser not to accept cookies.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
- We may engage third party advertising companies to advertise products or services to you online. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. They may also use this technology to serve specialized or relevant advertising content and/or recommendations to you on the Sites or on a third party’s website.
- Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous and does not contain any personally identifiable information.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We offer secure web pages to collect certain kinds of user information and we store certain kinds of data in encrypted form.
- We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system.
- While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our Sites reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
- Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and encryption technology that works with Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and AOL's browser, with the objective that only we can read a customer's personally identifiable information.
- We employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of any personally identifiable information.
LENGTH OF TIME WE KEEP INFORMATION
- We generally keep user data on our server or in our archives for as long as we reasonably need it (for instance, for taxation or insurance purposes, or in case orders may give rise to claims).
- We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, we may delete some data, if needed, to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it.
- In addition, information posted in a public forum could stay in the public domain indefinitely.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- The Sites may contain links to third party websites.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites even if you access those using links from our Sites.
- Your use of these third party websites is entirely at your own risk and we recommend that you check the privacy and security policy of each website you visit.
- Clicking on a third party link will essentially take you to a third party’s website.
- We make no representation or warranty as to the effectiveness, quality, legitimacy or data protections of any third party website.
- From time to time, we may send non-commercial electronic mail messages to your email account.
- In addition, we regularly send email order confirmations and email order updates to you after you have submitted an order.